License Agreements for Wind Turbine Production
Norwin is specialized in offering license agreements to companies around the world who whish to establish temselves in the wind turbine industry.
In case we see that there is a market of a significant potential in a certain region or if conditions require a local production of wind turbines in order to facilitate sales, a license agreement can be established for the sale, production, installation and maintenance of Norwin wind turbines.
A license agreement normally contains the following elements:
- A technology transfer, where all drawings and specifications of the wind turbines are transferred to a local manufacturing facility. In combination with a full package of supervisory assistance and practical training, the licensee can become a complete wind turbine manufacturer within a short time period
- Continuous assistance for the duration of the license agreement – either in connection with new development, practical questions or on site assistance.
Norwin’s license agreements are long term, normally with a duration ten years. We put emphasis on a lasting relationship.
Licensee’s scope and activities
The licensee’s activities are expected to include:
- A complete wind turbine assembly work shop
- An organization that can handle and manage the manufacture including QA, sales, project planning and development, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance as well as after-sales services
- Receive transfer of technology from NORWIN
- Forming of an engineering group for technical support (in- and external), for assistance in adoption of the wind turbine to the markets where the licensee wants to sell.
Qualified suppliers already exist for all components for the NORWIN turbines. In the beginning, the turbine assembly will normally be based on components from NORWIN’s existing international sub-suppliers. However, in the long run the intention is to localize as many components as possible to ensure a high local content as well as competitive prices.
In-sourcing of component manufacture can also be considered, i.e. for towers and blades, and NORWIN can, if so decided, provide assistance for this.
NORWIN’s scope and activities
NORWIN can offer the following as examples:
- Complete set of documents necessary for manufacture of Norwin wind turbines. Included are drawings with the licensee’s name on it, specifications, parts lists, list of suppliers, assembly manuals, operation and service, detailed work instructions for assembly and testing, and background material for sales support.
- Achieved type approvals that, if desired, can be used as basis for a final type approval once the licensee has finalized the ISO9000 quality assurance system for the wind turbine manufacture.
- Modification of the design and/or specifications in order to meet market requirements and suppliers.
- Assistance in auditing of regional or local component suppliers.
- Advice and consultancy for plant planning and set-up, and for selection of appropriate staff.
- Instruction and training of technical staff at your site or at the site of installation of the wind turbines.
NORWIN will choose the best suited staff, instructors and supervisors for the different parts of the technology transfer. They will be at the licensee's premises for longer and/or shorter periods, as necessary.